Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009: Random Prognostications

In no particular order.... Here's some notable events and episodes in 2009:


Clarion Call for Change.... I watched with great pride as President Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America. I had an active role in my city in getting folk to register to vote... I know the country needed change - a fresh perspective in order to bring us to a standard of greatness in these challenging times. I am proud of this moment... My only regret, whether I agree with Pres. Obama or not, is that my parents were not alive to witness this moment....

New hair: After 9 years and four months, I cut my beloved locks.....

Chris Brown vs. Rihanna: I was in the media room at the Grammy Awards when they announced that the LAPD was actively looking for Chris Brown because he had beat her down the evening before... it was a shocking and certainly nearly unbelieveable piece of information....

Cartoons or Caricature??? New York Post depicts President Obama as a Chimp. The Mayor of Los Alamitos sends out a cartoon depicting the famed White House Rose Garden as a Watermelon patch... and there's so much more....

TI goes to Jail: WTF??!!! for weapons....

Los Angeles Marathon: I am a mature man.... with grandkids and everything.... yet I completed my third marathon....

Gospel Showcase at Knott's Berry Farm: we had 30,000 people, an allstar lineup on two stages and even Stevie Wonder came out to witness the glorious ocassion... Kurt Carr, Dorinda Clark Cole, Hezekiah Walker, James Fortune, Shekinah Glory Ministry, so many more...


Lakers Win!!!!: nuff said!

Lakers Parade: City holds victory parade even though they are broke....

Taste of Soul: 105,000 people jammed Crenshaw Blvd.... for a day of music arts, and food!! Our stage was rockin!!!


BET Awards '09: epitomizes coonery and a sobering demonstration of our popular culture...

Soul Train Awards returns: And live from Hotlanta! it was aiight...

Housewives of Atlanta: A new reality hit.... Nene, Lisa, Khandi, Sheree and even Kim are a hit....

Kanye West makes a fool of himself: After this year, I really think Kanye has lost his mind.... jumps onstage and takes Taylor Swift's microphone away from her to proclaim Beyonce should have won the award instead of Ms. Swift... it was unconscionable....

Michael Jackson passed away: wow.... 'nuff said.

Michael Jackson Funeral: I got tickets....

Michael Jackson Red Carpet: I was on the red carpet at the premiere of This is it...

I am positive there are more moments out there.... but this is enough for your discussion right now.....

Happy New Year!

No comments: