Thursday, December 24, 2009

Morning Glory: Step into the Light

I love waking up in the pre-dawn hours. The essence of being completely awake and alert in time to see the first light of  God's new day is exhilarating and empowering. Each day, I seek to detect the very moment that the sun pierces the veil of night's darkness... The exact instance when the Sun's ray's explode over the horizon.


I'm not talking about that totally visible and dramatic moment of sunrise that we have seen in photographs, film and video... no... I'm talking about that short moment in time just before dawn's explosion of light.  The nano-second when the molecules of light first collide  with and overtake the molecules of darkness. It is a moment that seemingly cannot be detected by video or photography. It is a moment that must be perceived and observed with your Third Eye... It is the moment just before your physical eye can behold the morning glory that is the rising sun as it illuminates the heavens and the stars which shone so brightly moments before but are now making a hasty exit 1 by 1...
" And God said, 'Let there be light...' " Gen. 1;3

On most mornings, I am up meditating and excercising. 4 Am and I am outside embarking on my morning run. Usually a 7-10 mile run on most days. It is so still and quiet. The last vestiges of night's denizens have gone in and the world seems to be completely still. Fully night. The darkest hour... I rise... I pray.... I run.... I listen. ... I listen to the quiet. I am listening for God... He is there... I know it... I want to hear Him...and I want Him to hear me...At this hour there is nothing to do but be quiet and listen..... to the quiet..... listen......
And then, in a twinkling of an eye, the light comes. In that instant, I can actually hear the light colliding with the dark. I can perceive the light... it's on but yet it is still dark... Have you ever been in a room or place where someone is taking photos with a flash, but you are not in the room or in direct view of the flash... you are just periphally conscious of the sudden burst of light. That's what the instant of morning looks like to me...  I see the light.. it's like the flash but it does not diminish. It does not go away. It remains on... There is a discernable light all around me. But then I notice that not only is the light coming from the rising sun, there is a light emanating from my soul.
"Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."  John 8:12

When the sun's light hits my consciousness, my inner light is energized. Like a solar battery is energized when exposed to sunlight, my inner light is energized. I am alive, recharged and powered up...ready for the new day... God has given me another day to share my light with the world for inside this light, He lives... This light is the force of  God's essence. This light is life's energy.... for all things on the earth need sunshine. We need the light to see... We need it to share.... Light is the essential element for sight. We need to see... inside and out.

This morning light I have described is pure for it is at this moment the energy is untainted from evil thoughts, bad vibes and malicious intentions of those who dwell in the shadows. and so in the morning I run... I breathe, I open my heart and mind, my spiritual and physical consciousness to receive the pure essence of first light. The light empowers me and charges my life to do, think, act, and love... The light is the nucleus of  my soul...

Now I know that most folk reading this are not up and moving about at this early hour. Most are turning over in their beds trying to capture a last hour or two of sleep. But think about it for a moment. There's that instant in the morning when you awaken. You have been sleep all night and there is that moment when you wake up. You just open your eyes. It still dark, but nonetheless your eyes open.... You may glance at the clock, you may turn over and get even more cozy under your covers... and go back to sleep. But nonetheless you eyes opened and you did not rise to see the first instance of illumination. You went back to sleep. But the exact moment of God's new day erasing the unconsciousness of night has not escaped you. Because after all, you heard the moment of first light in your consciousness. Yes, you heard it. Because in an instant.. in the early morning you were awakened by the voice of God from a deep sleep. Sleep so deep, that the next stage would be death. In that instant the solar batteries in your soul were charged and powered on... In that instant God turned on the light and whispered your name in your ear, telling you that another day is nigh... another day to act, think, do and love....God's will. Get up and do something.... Yes. God called your name, you woke and opened your eyes.. but did you hop to? Did you get up to answer God's call? or did you again close your eyes, roll over and go back to sleep????......

Some folk never see the light. It is all around them but they still cannot see... . Some folk never step out into the light.... we remain depressed, sitting in the dark... curtains drawn.... keeping God's light out of their consciousness..... The solar battery in their soul has not been charged and needs a jumpstart. And so since they cannot get started with the light, they introduce alternative substances into the powertrain thinking that this will take the place of the light... abuse of drugs illegal and prescription..abuse of alcohol... sex addictions and perversions...  other vices which seemingly replace the light inside thier soul. but in reality these things only dims the light and in the worst cases... completely extingusihes the light.
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. " 2 cor. 4:6

Some folk receive the light but keep the light shuttered within thier soul. They do not allow the light to reflect as a beacon to humankind... Selfish. But the light is meant to be shared. The light is meant to be seen so that your light may be a help to all mankind. It is meant to help, guide and empower each of us through us. Love One Another...

Just think... those folk who do not see the light are fumbling around in the dark and maybe just maybe they need a little light to shine so that they can find thier way.... Your light is an essential element to other folk's sight.... It may be in the kind words you say... the smile on your face... that encouraging word..... the most inconsequential action of lovingkindness emanating from the light you carry inside your soul could represent that initial pure light that pierces the veil of their darkness.. The solar battery of thier sou is powered on... And then the sun rises inside them... the dawn of a new day....... They can see..... no longer in darkness but inside the light because you shared your light......

" Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt. 5:16

Morning Glory........

No comments: